Today I’d rather planned on writing a lengthy treatise on baked beans. Instead, I went to the Science march and then lunch and then we visited a friend for a bit. It was good, but I didn’t get the thing about baked beans done up, which is probably fine because 95% of that article was going to involve how important it is to make them in a smoker, while smoking something.
As it is, I do happen to have another recipe in my back pocket to use for just such a failure. Lime Shrimp. Not only is this easy, but it’s perfect for when you have to bring something to a get-together. Since it’s apparently, in some parts of the world not Alaska, spring, I feel like this one is pretty timely. So far as I can tell, this particular dish goes with basically everything, unless you’re going to a vegetarian BBQ. In that case, this isn’t going to do you a lot of good. Anyhow, enough blathering on, here’s the dish:
What you need:
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil (the stuff that tastes coconutty)
- 1 Lb uncooked & peeled shrimp
- 2-3 small limes, cubed. You can leave the skin on or remove it. I do a bit of both
- A bit of cajun seasoning, like 1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- If you’re feeling adventurous, and happen to have it to hand, 1/2 tsp mint leaves (chopped)
Just mix it all up and cook it in a wok or iron skillet. Easy Peasy, Right?